What Southern girl does not love cream cheese and pecans?
This recipe was shared with me by my Mother-In-Law several years ago and I fell in love!
Several of my friends have asked me for the recipe, so I thought I would share!
I hope you give it a try and enjoy it.
Quick Italian Cream Cake
- 1 (16.25-ounce) package white cake mix (I used Duncan Hines Moist Deluxe)
- 3 large eggs
- 1 1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 (3 1/2-ounce) can flaked coconut
- 2/3 cup chopped pecans, toasted
- 3 T Rum (optional)
- Cream Cheese Frosting (below)
- Beat first 4 ingredients at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes. Stir in coconut and pecans. Pour into 3 greased and floured 9-inch round cakepans.
- Bake at 350° for 15 to 17 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean…
View original post 118 more words